Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Restaurant Review - Carrabba's Italian Grill

When I first found out that Carrabba's Italian Grill offered a GF menu, I was in disbelief. I mean, Carrabba's is an Italian restaurant, right? Meaning pasta, right? Well, yes, it is true that Carrabba's is an Italian restaurant with pasta, but it really does have a GF menu. And, the menu isn't short of choices relative to their regular menu.


Before I get to the review, I must confess that I've been holding off on this review for some time. The reason why is because I was not sure if I was truly eating there safely or not. You see, I had not been glutenated that I was aware of. At least, not until a few weeks ago. And that will be a story for another time, but the point is, now that I know what getting sick from cross contamination is like, I feel like I can honestly give this review.


So, let me just tell you that I have had Carrabba's 4 times, in two different states, since I have been diagnosed and I absolutely love my meals there. I seem to always lean towards Chicken Bryan because I am a goat cheese fanatic, and it is worth every penny. As far as choices for sides to accompany the dishes, the GF menu is only missing one item that the regular menu has. I've gotten sauteed spinach, garlic mashed potatoes, and broccoli and cauliflower on each separate occasion and have enjoyed every bite of this meal. It also comes with a salad, and I have to admit, I always go for their mediterranean salad because I love the pesto dressing that it is served with.


The servers and the host staff are all well educated on the seriousness of the need to have a GF meal that is not cross-contaminated, which always makes me feel a little more confident when eating at a restaurant. The location I've frequented most in Greensboro is the one on New Garden Rd. The staff there is fabulous, I cannot even come up with a single negative thing to say about them.


Bottom line is that I have not gotten sick from eating at Carrabba's and I would highly recommend it to those of you out there seeking a GF dining experience. It beats cleaning dishes!

No comments: