Sunday, November 14, 2010

GF Cheeseburger Soup

Thanks to A Year of Slow Cooking I ventured out to try a new recipe.  I got so brave that I actually changed it up a bit and made it my own.  Seriously, how can anything with a hunk of Velveeta not by tasty?!  And it proved my theory.  Delic! 

            Cheeseburger Soup
            1.5 lbs of ground beef
            15 oz of Velveeta 
                 (I went for the Mexicana – cube it)
            1 red bell pepper
            2 cups of frozen broccoli
            2 cups of chicken broth (gf of course!)
            1 cup of water
            1 cup of milk
            1 huge russet potato (1” cubes)

Brown the ground beef.  
Chop the bell pepper and potato.  Add the water and veggies to the pot.  Add the broth and water.  Add ground beef.  I cooked it on high for 5 hours.  30 minutes before you’re ready to eat, add the cubed Velveeta and milk.  Slowly stir it in. 

Like most things, this soup was even tastier the next day.  Enjoy!

No comments: